What's in a Name?: Help Us Find a Title for Prerna Pickett's New Book!
We are now closed to title suggestions. Thanks for all your input!
If you’re new to our fair site, you should know—we love getting your opinion on EVERYTHING, from book covers to swag and what we should publish (obvi). Today, we’re coming to you to help us title the debut novel by Prerna Pickett!
Here’s what it’s about:
Corey Fowler has just been released from jail, and all he wants is a new beginning. But when his former gang comes knocking, Corey agrees to vandalize the home of Kent Hopper, the prosecutor who put him away.
To erase the guilt she carries from getting away with a crime, Tessa Hopper spends most of her nights riding her motorcycle. When she catches Corey destroying her father’s car, she doesn’t see a criminal: she sees a path to redemption, a way to finally right her own wrongs. So instead of turning Corey over to the police, she convinces her father to give Corey a second chance.
As Tessa and Corey spend more time with each other, it becomes difficult to ignore the pull between them. But they’re both keeping secrets, and when those secrets come to light, they’ll each have to face their demons in order to have a future together.
What are we looking for in a new title? We’d love something that is…
- High-stakes: Both Tessa and Corey have a lot to prove in this novel, and we want a title that evokes the dangerous situations they’re in.
- Romantic: The relationship between Corey and Tessa is the heart of this story, so we’d love to find a title that makes that element clear.
- Intriguing: We want a title that makes reader stop and say, “I need to read this!”
To get the juices flowing, here are some titles that have been rattling around in our brains:
- Chase the Night – This is Prerna’s original title, and although we love the excitement and movement, we’re not sure it says “contemporary YA”; some of our colleagues thought it was paranormal based on this title.
- Catch Me if I Fall – We like the drama and tension in this title—it hints at something bad coming down the pipeline and a sense of security.
- Your Title Here – We want to hear what title you think would be great for Prerna’s debut novel. Tell us your ideas in the comments below (and don’t forget that you can “like” other people’s comments with your fave titles). If you submit your title, you could see it on a PUBLISHED book!
Please share your suggestions by noon EST on Wednesday, March 20th. Happy titling!